Thursday 19 September 2013

A Swedish Bank in Poundbury, Dorset (Tack så mycket!


Handelsbanken, Dorchester

Location:
Handelsbanken
198 Bridport Road
Poundbury

Handelsbanken in brief

Customer Satisfaction

Quite tempting to change banks, now that it's becoming easier! I'm in favour of their emphasis on local relationship-building, trust and customer service.

Read report in This is Money

This is not an advertisement or an endorsement. I will probably stay with my old bank. The usual inertia. Too much hassle adjusting to new systems?

See Zoe Williams in The Guardian today:

Zoe writes that she "moved to Handelsbanken to coincide with the 7-Day Switch, which launched on Monday. Banks are required to finish the process of transferring your account in seven working days; it's remarkably low-effort from the consumer's point of view, but you should bear in mind that I'm not very far through it. I chose the bank because it has a devolved power structure in which the person in your branch makes the decisions, a countervail to the hollowing-out of the standard workplace in which fewer and fewer people are allowed to make decisions so that everybody can be paid as little as possible.

But I have reservations. It has a monthly £30 charge, and someone has already told me that this is like telling people to feed their children organic rack of lamb, and I make them sick. Which I think is fair. More on this another time. The important thing is to move your money; move it, or stop complaining".

No comments:

Post a Comment