Thursday 22 August 2013

Want To Be An Extra in a Thomas Hardy Movie Adaptation?


BBC News:

"We're looking for people with really good character faces - who, in their everyday lives, wouldn't ever consider being part of a film.

"They bring such personality and texture - we want to get that in."

He also said individuals who "met the look" could potentially find themselves given larger roles in the Thomas Vinterberg-directed film.

They are searching for a total of 500 to 600 male and female extras to play farm workers from the 1840s.

Another all-day audition is being held at Dorchester Rugby Club on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jim, thanks to the madness of the internet I stumbled on a conversation you had in 2012 with a fellow blogger about the Lazaretto off Gouvia. I'm a fellow writer (historical novels and thrillers: these are my latest http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Rome-Gaius-Valerius-Varens/dp/0593070542/ and http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Excalibur-Codex-James-Douglas/dp/0552167924/) and I stumbled on the graves a couple of years ago on a visit. I was intrigued enough to think that such a fascinating juxtaposition of beauty, cruelty and sudden death might make the starting point for one of my thrillers, but apart from the fact that the victims were left-wingers killed in the civil war I haven't been able to get any more detail. You mentioned a book, which I assume is only available in Greek, and I wondered if you had any more detailed info you'd be willing to pass on. I'd be very grateful for any assistance and I'm at dugjakson@btinternet.com. All the best, I loved Corfu (it actually appears in The Excalibur Codex) and will be back when the God of writers provides, Doug Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have just sent an email with book details.

    Title: Filakes Kerkyras- Lazaretto 1947-1949, Martyries, "Geia sas adelphia", published by Somateio Lazareto, Athens 1996.

    ReplyDelete