Wednesday 24 April 2013

Beyond Rembetika, The Music & Dance Of The Region Of Epirus



This is a boxed set of  4 CDs for connoisseurs of  the haunting music of Epirus

Description:

"The very first serious box set release devoted to the absolutely amazing and haunting music of Epirus.

Compiled by the Grammy Award winning Chris King from original recordings he has personally collected from the Balkans this is an incredible set of recordings from the Epirus region of Greece".

I have heard a number of the tracks. It really is an amazing set and labour of love. Bravo Chris!

Update, Thursday: Chris King has very kindly sent me an advance copy of the set.

I shall be listening to it with my foot up in the air (I have another 5-6 weeks in a new leg cast before the ankle injury heels). Perfect timing for the curative properties of the klarino.

Damn You, Foreign Lands

Nice to be given a credit!



No comments:

Post a Comment