Tuesday 15 January 2013

Record Shops; HMV and independents



Sad to read about developments with HMV record shops

It's getting hard to find a decent record shop.

In Dupont Circle (DC) people were still lamenting the closure of the Melody Record Shop.

I found a good little shop in Annapolis, KA-CHUNK Records.

While everyone else is downloading MP3 files or listening on Spotify, I go in search of old 78s and 45s!

I am grateful for Spotify, YouTube, Amazon and I-Pods, but I miss the comprehensive Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus and I hope that HMV finds a buyer for its chain of record shops.

Dorchester (Dorset) doesn't have a record shop. Charity shops carry some records.

Bridport has the excellent Bridport Music, as well as the Saturday market and vinyl record fairs.

I don't go to London very often, but Camden Town used to be the place for independent record shops like Rock On.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment