Sunday 9 October 2011

Not dark yet...Bob Dylan goes to Bournemouth

Why do I keep coming back to this Bob Dylan song?

I really regret that I can't make it to his Bournemouth concert on 14 October.

Update: this is the set-list, and what I missed.

The thin man at Bournemouth (YouTube)

But what was it Adrian Mitchell said about Bournemouth?

"Five days a week on the nine-eleven
Shake your money and shut your mouth
When we die we'll go to Bournemouth
Cos we're Bourgeois."

("C'mon Everbody", from "Out Loud")


And Lawrence Durrell?

"A living death", or Pudding Island's "living graveyard".

Unfair. Nowadays people vote it "the happiest place to live". The times have changed since Bournemouth became part of Dorset in 1974.

The last concerts I went to in Bournemouth were Duke Ellington and His Orchestra and The Rolling Stones in 1965. It can't be that lively!

No comments:

Post a Comment