Friday 4 March 2011

Marshwood Vale Magazine: Louisa Adjoa Parker

I just picked up the March 2011 issue (no 144) of  the invaluable Marshwood Vale Magazine.

Louisa Adjoa Parker (photo Jim Potts)

I was delighted to see that the Arts and Entertainment section contains my feature article on the poet Louisa Adjoa Parker, whose work is gaining increasingly wide recognition. One of the poems I quote in the article, with Louisa's permission, is called "Dreaming of skinheads":

At night, I'd dreamed of being chased
By gangs of skinhead men,
And my Afro, like a soft foam ball,
Would seem bigger in the darkness
As the stamp of their
Doc-Martened feet
Came closer.


For information about Louisa's "All different, all Dorset" project and workshops, see this pdf file


A new project that a team of three of us is currently developing is an anthology to be called DORSET VOICES (publication date Spring 2012). More information to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment